- GRANT PORTFOLIO
- GRANT SEEKERS
Interested in applying for a grant from NW Children’s Fund?
Here’s everything you need to know.
NW Children’s Fund invites child welfare organizations aligned with our mission to apply for funding.
Our mission is to end the cycle of child abuse and neglect by investing in programs for at-risk youth and their families, and inspiring informed philanthropy devoted to improving child welfare.
Our funding is focused on prevention, early-intervention and treatment programs in three specific areas:
THE GRANT REVIEW PROCESS
– Grants are made twice yearly. We have a Fall cycle and a Spring cycle.
– All agencies interested in applying for a grant must submit a Letter of Inquiry. After an initial review of the Letters of Inquiry, invited applicants submit a full Grant Application.
– All Grant Applications are thoroughly evaluated by NW Children’s Fund Board members. This will include a review of all written materials, as well as a face-to-face agency review. Occasionally, NW Children’s Fund donors and other interested parties participate in site visits.
– After all the evaluations have been completed, the Grants Committee meets to select the grant recipients and determine the allocations to each. This is a very conscientious, deliberate and often difficult process, as we try to match the funds available with an ever-increasing demand by a number of very worthy grant applicants.
– The Grants Committee’s recommendation is then presented to the full Board for discussion and approval.